Buy your Deering Golden Wreath from Eagle Music Shop and receive our premier workshop setup at no extra cost.
Golden Wreath Specifications...
- Traditional fuller Neck Shape
- Ebony fingerboard
- Bone Nut
- Deering Planetary banjo tuners
- Deering Gearted 5th String Tuner
- Ivoroid Binding with Black/White Trim
- Wreath Inlay Pattern in Mother of Pearl
- Traditional Fifth String Nut
- 22 Glued in Nickel Silver Frets
- Deering -06- 20-Hole Bell Bronze Tone Ring
- Violin Grade Maple 3-Ply Violin Grade Maple Rim
- Deering Notched Brass Tension Hoop
- 11" Frosted Top Medium Crown Head
- Nickel Plated Traditional Style Zinc Flange
- Deering Truetone Tailpiece
- Nickel Plated Hardware
- Deep resonator of Mahogany
- Ivoroid Binding with Black/White Trim
- Two Concentric Black/White Rings Adorn the Back of the Resonator
- Resonator Sides are Specially Tapered
- High Gloss Finish
Includes a Deering Hardshell Case
The Golden Series Banjos have a larger air chamber than the other Deering models which gives the banjos a more resonant hollow sound with deeper bass response for a traditional bluegrass sound.
Tuned:g,D,G,B,D in standard tuning,
Can easily be tuned in other tunings as well.
- Neck Width at the Nut 1 1/4″
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge 26 1/4″
- Resonator diameter 13 7/8″
- Overall Instrument Length 38"
- Instrument Weight 11lbs
We guarantee you the lowest world price and will beat or match any other quotation or advertised price.
Please call for a friendly chat to discuss prices and your personal requirements with our banjo specialists on 01484 661460
Your Deering 'Golden Wreath' Banjo will also be supplied with the following ...
We just love this banjo! Save yourself all the trouble of searching for that old 1930s Gibson Mastertone! ...The Golden Wreath comes to you at at a much lower price, but has the highest quality and specification. It's state of the art build quality will never let you down.
- Master Dealer Custom Shop Setup (You discuss with us)
- FREE Banjo service after Your first two months (Please note: This offer only applies to Deering Banjos that are brought back to our onsite workshop …or returned for service with carriage paid by sender)
- Deering Deluxe hardshell case
- Banjo maintenance manual
- Guarantee card
More Details from The Deering Banjo Company:
This Golden Wreath banjo is a beautiful banjo that is an accurate reproduction of the classic banjos of the 1930’s, but at a fraction of the originals cost. The mahogany neck is highlighted with ivoroid binding, and duplicates the feel of the originals in neck width, depth and the taper from nut to heel. Mahogany gives you a crisp yet sweet tone that makes playing the banjo a pleasure and a joy. The two way adjustable truss rod is smooth, accurate, easy to use, and ensures superb playability without buzzing which allows players of all styles to adjust the banjos action to their own unique requirements. The glued in frets ensure perfect fretting accuracy, long term stability and ease of re-fretting.
The unplated Deering -06- 20-hole bronze tone-ring that is fitted to the 3-ply rock maple rim is an exact replica of the most sought after pot configuration of the famous 1930’s banjos. The cast one piece resonator flange is the exact zinc alloy with the same mass and design of the original; these are the key ingredients to achieve the classic sound.
The deep mahogany resonator has two concentric rings inlaid into the back. The depth of the internally tapered side walls is to the exact specifications of the originals, and gives that rich, hollow character that is so desirable; making the banjo more responsive, clearer and helps highlight the bell like harmonics that banjoists need and want.
Each banjo we supply is individually set up in our on-site Banjo Specialist Workshop here at Eagle Music. Any Banjo purchased from Eagle will be fully SET UP, checked for intonation and playability and tuned ready for playing straight out of the box!