Buy your Deering Tony Trishka Silver Clipper 5 String Banjo Signature Model from Eagle Music Shop and receive our premier workshop setup at no extra cost.
Each banjo we supply is individually set up in our on-site Specialist Workshop here at Eagle Music. Any banjo purchased from Eagle will be fully SET UP, checked for intonation and playability and tuned ready for playing straight out of the box!
Detailed Specifications of the Silver Clipper and more information about Tony Trishka below
I knew I wanted a radiused fingerboard. Having tried Noam Pikelny’s banjo with 24 frets (an extra two frets coming out over the fingerboard), I requested the same. I had always desired a resonator made of quilted maple... .” - Tony Trischka
- Ivoroid Binding
- Tony Trischka Designed Acrylic Inlays
- Radiused Grade A Ebony Fingerboard
- Extended Fingerboard
- Deering D Shape Neck
- Kruger Peghead Shape
- 24 Glued In Nickel Silver Frets
- Adjustable Truss Rod
- Bone Nut
- Spikes installed at 7 & 9th Frets
- Deering Planetary Tuners
- Deering Geared 5th String Tuner
- High Gloss Finish
- Deering -06- Bell Bronze Tone Ring
- Tenbrooks Style 3-ply Violin Grade Maple Rim
- Notched Tension Hoop
- 11” Frosted Top Banjo Head
- 24 Round Hooks with Hex Nuts
- One Piece Cast Zinc Flange
- Curved Round Hooks On Either Side Of the Neck
- Nickel Plated Hardware
- Deering True Tone Tailpiece
- 11/16” Radiused Deering Smile™ Maple Ebony Bridge
- Honey Stained Quilted Maple Resonator
- Resonator Sides Are Specially Tapered On the Inside For Projection of Tone
- High Gloss Finish
- Resonator Back Is Accented With Ivoroid Trim
- Neck Width At the Nut 1 1/4”
- Scale Length Nut To Bridge 26 1/4”
- Resonator Diameter 13 7/8”
- Overall Instrument Length 38”
- Weight Approx. 11.8 lbs.
Price includes a Deering Deluxe Hard Shell Case
The trust and pride we share in our product gives us the confidence to grant every owner of a Deering banjo a Lifetime Warranty ensuring the quality of our materials and workmanship
Your Deering 'Sierra' Banjo will also be supplied with the following ...
- Deering Deluxe hardshell case
- FREE Greg Deering DVD 'How to Set Up the Best Sounding Banjo'
- Deering Banjo maintenance manual
- Lifetime Guarantee card
Also available...Tony Trishka 'The Golden Cliper'
About Tony Trishka and his new Signature model
Born in Syracuse, New York, famed banjoist and 2007 IBMA player of the year, Tony Trischka, was inspired to play banjo in 1963 when he heard a Kingston Trio recording of "Charlie and the MTA." He shares this common thread with Greg Deering who also fell in love with banjo when he heard a Kington Trio record played in his home as a young lad of 12.
Tony performs with his signature Deering Golden Clipper banjo as well as Deering Hartford and Tenbrooks Saratoga Star banjos. He used both of the latter banjos on his award-winning CD "Double Banjo Spectacular." Tony is a well known banjo teacher and one of his best known students is the Grammy award-winning banjo player Bela Fleck. On October 4, 2007 Trischka won three International Bluegrass Music Awards, for Album of the Year, Recorded Event of the Year, and Banjo Player of the Year. Musical innovation is a constant thread in Tony's work and he has broadened the limits of that instrument which has inspired many banjo players in his 35 years of playing. His Tony Trischka School of Banjo is setting the gold standard for internet lesson sites and Deering is happy to be working with him on this project.