Buy your Deering White Lotus 5 String Resonator Banjo with Deering Hard Case from Eagle Music Shop and receive our premier workshop setup at no extra cost.
Deering White Lotus 5 String Resonator Banjo Specifications
For years players have been asking for a lighter weight banjo with a full rich tone at an affordable price point. This desire has now become reality in the new White Lotus 5-string resonator banjo. Weighing in at only 8 pounds and featuring the newly patented Deering white oak rim design, this American white oak banjo has the bright tone, crisp and clear note distinction, power, and sustain formerly only seen in banjos with metallic tone rings.
Having heard a vintage guitar of white oak years ago, Greg Deering decided to experiment with a white oak rim and neck for a banjo to see how the tone of this unique tone wood translated to a banjo.
Surprisingly the result is a banjo with an almost metallic resonance without a tone ring. Why? American white oak is noted for a heavy, straight-grained texture; hard, tough, very stiff and strong. It is these key qualities of white oak wood that imbue this banjo with strong fundamental notes and a series of overtones that imitate a bell metal tone ring without the additional weight characteristic of this classic banjo component. Now the banjo player can have the much desired lighter weight banjo with “tone ring” power.
Alongside the patented white oak rim, other features include a white oak neck and resonator accented with white binding, a Midnight Maple fingerboard and peghead overlay, new lotus flower inspired inlays, the Eagle Series style flange, Deering’s comfortable neck shape with the easily recognizable peghead profile and and a sparkling glossy finish.
- White Oak Neck
- White Binding
- Midnight Maple Fingerboard
- 22 Pressed In Nickel Silver Frets
- Original Lotus Flower Engraved Inlays
- Slender Deering Neck Shape
- Fully Adjustable Truss Rod
- Planetary Banjo Tuners
- Geared 5th String Peg
- Gloss Finish
- Three-Ply White Oak Rim
- True Tone Deering Tailpiece
- Deering Brass Notched Tension Hoop
- 11″ Top Frosted Medium Crown Head
- 24 Round Hooks and ¼″ Hex Nuts
- 24 Bracket Shoes
- Eagle 2-Piece Flange
- Slender Shaped Armrest
- 5/8" SMILE™ Bridge With Ebony Top
- Nickel Plated Hardware
- White Oak Resonator
- White Binding
- Straight Inside Resonator Sidewalls
- Gloss Finish
- Includes a Deering Hardshell Case
- Tuned:g,D,G,B,D in standard tuning
- Can easily be tuned in other tunings as well.
- Neck Width at the Nut 1 1/4″
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge 26 1/4″
- Resonator diameter 13 7/8″
- Overall Instrument Length 38″
- Weight Approx. 10 lbs
Price includes a Deering Deluxe Hard Shell Case
The trust and pride we share in our product gives us the confidence to grant every owner of a Deering banjo a Lifetime Warranty ensuring the quality of our materials and workmanship
Each banjo we supply is individually set up in our on-site Banjo Specialist Workshop here at Eagle Music. Any Banjo purchased from Eagle will be fully SET UP, checked for intonation and playability and tuned ready for playing straight out of the box!
Your Deering 'Sierra' Banjo will also be supplied with the following ...
- Deering Deluxe hardshell case
- FREE Greg Deering DVD 'How to Set Up the Best Sounding Banjo'
- Deering Banjo maintenance manual
- Lifetime Guarantee card