Buy your Deering Goodtime Artisan Americana 12" Openback from Eagle Music Shop and receive our premier workshop setup at no extra cost.
Goodtime Artisan Americana Banjo Specification:
Played with an old time style technique, the Goodtime Artisan Americana is reminiscent of banjos from a period when larger rims were more prevalent which makes the 12” a great setup for playing old time music. A traditional 11” banjo with a frosted top head has a far brighter sound and will “cut” more. Since the combination of the Grand 12” rim and the Renaissance head makes for a wonderfully laid back sound in comparison, the Americana lends itself perfectly for musicians looking to use the banjo to back up a vocalist or another instrument, instead of playing the a lead instrument role.
The stunning new Artisan Goodtime banjos embodies Greg Deering’s lifelong vision for the Deering Banjo Company – to make the best sounding, best playing, best looking, and best value U.S.A. made banjo that he possibly could. It is a never ending quest that Deering pursues every single day.
Take a walk on the wide side with the new Goodtime Artisan Americana banjo.
Teachers and professionals around the world recommend the Goodtime banjo!
- Slender Rock Maple Neck Stained A Rich Brown
- Midnight Maple Fingerboard
- 22 Pressed In Nickel Silver Frets
- Vintage Artisan Style Inlays
- Goodtime Americana Logo Engraved On Peghead
- Planetary Tuners
- Geared 5th String Tuner
- Durable Satin Finish
- Deering Peghead shape
- 12" 3-ply Violin Grade Maple Rim Stained Rich Brown
- Steel Tension Hoop
- 12″ Renaissance Medium Crown Head
- 5/8″ Maple/Ebony Goodtime Bridge
- 16 Flat Hooks with 9/32″ Nuts
- 16 Bracket Shoes with Screw Attachments
- Nickel Plated Armrest
- Deering Patented Goodtime Tailpiece
- Steel Coordinator Rod for Adjustments
- Durable Satin Finish
Easy to play with clarity of note separation and round full bodied tone.
Fitted as standard with Deering Light Gauge Banjo Strings
G,D,G,B,D in standard G tuning.
Can easily be tuned in other tunings as well.
- Neck Width at the Nut 1 1/4″
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge 26 1/4″
- Rim Diameter 12″
- Overall Instrument Length 37 3/4″
- Weight Approx. 5 lbs
The trust and pride we share in our product gives us the confidence to grant every owner of a Goodtime banjo a 6 year warranty ensuring the quality of our materials and workmanship.
Each banjo we supply is individually set up in our on-site Banjo Specialist Workshop here at Eagle Music. Any Banjo purchased from Eagle will be fully SET UP, checked for intonation and playability and tuned ready for playing straight out of the box!