Buy your Deering Goodtime Blackgrass 'Special' 5 String Banjo from Eagle Music Shop and receive our premier workshop setup at no extra cost.
FEATURING MIDNIGHT MAPLE FINGERBOARD AND VINTAGE ARTISAN INSPIRED INLAYS!
The Goodtime Blackgrass is the ultimate banjo for players looking for something a little on the darker side. The pure black stain of the all maple wood is accented with matte black hardware and a black head which combine to put a dark twist on an otherwise traditional instrument.
The difference between the Blackgrass Specail and the standard Blackgrass is the Blackgrass Special features a Goodtime Special tone ring which gives the banjo a brighter and richer tone. This is essentially the same banjo as the Goodtime Artisan Special banjo but with a black stain, black head, and black powder coated hardware.
Built exclusively by Deering Banjo Co, the Blackgrass is built in the same San Diego factory as all other Deering models and has a familiar Goodtime vibe that echoes some of the aesthetics as the new Goodtime Artisan line. The Midnight Maple fingerboard is inlaid with Artisan style Pearloid inlays and the banjo still features the ever-present 3-ply violin grade maple for optimum tone and resonance.
So whether you are a true picker, a punk rocker or a punk picker…if you are looking for banjo with a bit more bite in the looks department, look no further than the Blackgrass.
Deering Blackgrass Special 5 String Banjo detailed specifications
- Satin Black Slender Rock Maple Neck
- Vintage Artisan Style Inlays
- 22 Pressed In Nickel Silver Frets
- Goodtime "Blackgrass" Logo Engraved On Peghead
- Planetary Tuners
- Geared 5th String Tuner
- Spikes installed at 7th, 9th, and 10th frets
- Deering Fiddle Shaped Peghead
- 2010 Steel Tone ring
- Satin Black 3-ply Violin Grade Maple Rim
- Durable Matte Black Powder Finish
- Steel Tension Hoop
- 11″ Black High Crown Head
- 5/8″ Maple/Ebony Goodtime Smile Bridge
- 16 Flat Hooks with 9/32″ Nuts
- 16 Bracket Shoes with Screw Attachments
- Deering Patented Goodtime Tailpiece
- Steel Coordinator Rod for Adjustments
- Satin Black Stained Maple Resonator
- Black Binding
- Durable Satin Finish
Has a clear and bright sound of maple. Easy to play with clarity of note separation.
g,D,G,B,D in standard G tuning
Can easily be tuned in other tunings as well.
- Neck Width at the Nut 1 1/4″
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge 26 1/4″
- Rim Diameter 11″
- Resonator Diameter 13 7/8″
- Overall Instrument Length 38″
- Weight Approx. 6 lbs
The trust and pride we share in our product gives us the confidence to grant every owner of a Goodtime banjo a 6 year warranty ensuring the quality of our materials and workmanship.
Each banjo we supply is individually set up in our on-site Banjo Specialist Workshop here at Eagle Music. Any Banjo purchased from Eagle will be fully SET UP, checked for intonation and playability and tuned ready for playing straight out of the box!