Hohner Marine Band 1896
The code number 1896 refers to the year that Hohner introduced this model ‘the worlds best selling harmonica.’ The Marine Band is Internationally recognized by performers for its beauty and simplicity, this is the most favoured and famous harmonica in the world.
We can delivery any product worldwide, when checking out, the type of delivery services available may change based upon your location and items in your basket, in some cases you may be offered a choice of delivery methods to choose from at differing costs.
We have made every effort to ensure our delivery costs are as competitive and fair as possible.
Dependant upon stock availability and time of purchase, we endeavour to ensure that orders are speedily processed and despatched the same day. We provide an estimated delivery date as seen above, if your order contains multiple items, the estimated delivery date may be updated during checkout.
Musical instruments that are given our free instrument setup will be despatched within 1-2 days using. In the UK, most musical instruments will be sent by DHL, smaller items such as books and accessories maybe be sent by Royal Mail.
Save on these quality harmonica accessories
The Marine Band 1896 is the archetypal blues harmonica. Almost unchanged since it was patented in 1896, this iconic instrument embodies the real deep blues like no other and is the benchmark against which all others are judged. Initially designed for European folk music, it quickly became a prominent voice of American blues of the early 20th century, played by all harmonica players of this era. It’s the soundtrack of broken hearts and dancing all night, of endless prairies and sweaty nightclubs. Like no other harmonica, the Marine Band 1896 is an invitation to express yourself in music, a key to unlock your creativity. When you discover this piece of living musical history, you won’t just play the blues. You’ll feel the blues.
- Traditional assembly with nails
- Reed plates and covers are affixed with nails for the traditional look and feel
- Curved covers with side vents
- Curved covers with side vents for the original blues sound
- Double lacquered pearwood comb
- Comb sealed with 2 layers of clear lacquer to reduce swelling
- Reed plates (material, thickness): brass, 0.9 mm
- Reed plates (surface): brass
- Reeds (number, material): 20, brass
- Comb (material, color): pearwood, brown
- Comb (finish): double lacquered
- Mouthpiece (surface): pearwood
- Cover plates: stainless steel
- Keys: HG, F#, F, E, Eb, D, Db, C, B(H), Bb, A, Ab, G
- Type: diatonic
- Tuning: Richter, Harmonica Minor and Natural Minor.
- Number of holes: 10
- Tonal range: 3 octaves
- Length: 10 cm / 3.9”
Range / Series
Marine Band Series
Harmonica Comb Material
A, Ab, B, Bb, C, D, Db, E, Eb, F, F#, G,