Your Deering 'Golden Era' Banjo will also be supplied with the following ...
- Master Dealer Custom Shop Setup (You discuss with us)
- FREE Banjo service after Your first two months (Please note: This offer only applies to Deering Banjos that are brought back to our onsite workshop …or returned for service with carriage paid by sender)
- Deering Deluxe hardshell case
- Banjo maintenance manual
- Guarantee card
The Deering Golden Era banjo is a unique model of the Deering line. It is designed to reproduce the most sought-after five-string banjos of the pre-war era. The unique features of the Golden Era are the thicker neck shape, which creates more sustain and the deeper resonator which provides that warm gutsy tone. the build quality of this banjo is second to none.
• Curly Maple
• Cremona Sunburst Stain
• Traditional Fuller Neck Shape
• Ebony Fingerboard
• Hearts & Flowers Mother of Pearl Inlays
• Trimmed with White/Black/White Binding
• Bone Nut
• 22 Glued in Nickel Silver Frets
• Traditional 5th-String Nut
• White Binding with Black/White Trim
• Deering Planetary Tuners
• Deering Geared 5th String Tuner
• Polished Deering -06- 20 Hole Bell Bronze Tone Ring
• Golden Era Violin Grade 3-ply Maple Rim
• Nickel Plated Traditional Style Zinc Flange
• 11" Top Frosted Medium Crown Head
• Deering True Tone Tailpiece
• Nickel Plated Hardware
• Deeper Resonator Sound Chamber
• The Resonator Sides are Specially Tapered on the Inside for Projection of Tone
• Curly Maple with Cremona Sunburst Stained Resonator
• White Binding with Black/White Trim
• High Gloss Finish
The Golden Era has a larger air chamber like the Tenbrooks banjos which gives the banjos a more resonant hollow sound with deep bass response for a traditional prewar bluegrass sound. Clear, bright highs and resonant deep bass notes.
*NeckWidth at the Nut 1 13/64”
• Scale Length Nut to Bridge 26 1/4”
• Resonator diameter 13 7/8”
• Overall Instrument Length 38”
• Weight Approx. 11 lbs
The pot assembly ... Another unique and very important feature of this banjo is a special Deering -06- 20 hole tone ring fitted perfectly onto a 3-ply rock maple rim to traditional dimensions. The Deering -06- 20 hole bronze tone ring sound is much sought after on pre-war banjos. You will recognise the classic design of the nickel plated zinc flange. The Presto style tailpiece and all features of the pot assembly are fitted with careful attention to original dimensions to recreate the sound and performance traditionalists desire.
The curly maple resonator is deeper than standard models and has tapered walls for fast transmission of sound and re-production of a crisp bluegrass tone. The resonator has a high gloss sunburst finish.
The Maple rim is turned to traditional dimensions and mounted with a zinc flange, twenty-hole virgin bell bronze tone-ring and presto style tailpiece with careful attention to original dimensions to recreate the sound and performance traditionalists desire.
The neck assembly ... The neck is built from Eastern hard rock and shaped in a classic profile, it is fitted with a dense black ebony fingerboard inlaid with mother-of-pearl inlays in the traditional "Hearts and Flowers" pattern. The neck and the resonator are stained with a Cremona sunburst stain. The peghead is shaped in a traditional banjo pre-war style and fitted with the highest quality Deering planetary geared tuners.
All in all this is THE classic bluegrass banjo and a credit to the Deering banjo company..
You can hear the sound of the Golden Era banjo on many albums by fine musicians such as John Hickman and Byron Berline's "Double Trouble" album, Josh Williams' "Old Town of Home" album, and on Herb Pedersen's Desert Rose Band album, "Life Goes On".
Each banjo we supply is individually set up in our on-site Banjo Specialist Workshop here at Eagle Music. Any Banjo purchased from Eagle will be fully SET UP, checked for intonation and playability and tuned ready for playing straight out of the box!