These high quality Hiscox 'Liteflite' cases are wholly manufactured in the UK. They are made from a tough ABS material. The construction consists of a moulded, high impact resistant A.B.S. plastic outer shell, bonded directly to an inner moulding manufactured from a unique blend of 'High Tech' cellular foam. This inner moulding is feather light and, being semi-rigid, is designed to soak up impact shocks from the outside world.
The UNIQUE bonding of the inner moulding to the outer shell gives excellent, total structural rigidity. It is a closed cell semi-rigid low weight design which gives the following qualities, all of which are included to protect the instrument within the case:-
- High level of shock protection
- Excellent structural rigidity when bonded to the outter shell
- A high level of thermal insulation protecting against rapid temperature changes
- It is developed to bond directly to the fabric case lining during the manufacturing process, with no use of secondary adhesive
Aluminium Valance - UNIQUE to Hiscox design. They have an aluminium extrusion that seals the top and the bottom sections when the case is closed. Although Hiscox cases are not guaranteed waterproof, the double 'lip' lid to case mating feature helps to stop water ingress in rain/shower conditions. 75% of the aluminium rim is hidden from view behind the ABS shell. All of the hardware (except one or two feet) is riveted into this vitally important metal rim.
All fixings including the catches and handles are fully tested. It is believed that their security is second to none.
All Hiscox cases are guaranteed for a maximum period of 3 years against faulty materials or workmanship.
Pro-II Guitar Case Specifications...
- Original Liteflite Construction
- Outer shell increases to nominal 2.0mm* thick. This increase in outer shell thickness doubles the impact/puncture resistance of the outer shell compared to our standard range.
- Extra catch fitted on guitar case range (not applicable on PRO II saxophone cases).
-Steel 'D' rings fitted for strap fixing.
-Soft foam cushion padding fitted at key areas around the instrument for extra shock protection. (not applicable to Pro II electric, bass & electro-acoustic guitar cases)