Hi Folks, with only two weeks to go to the Uk’s Premier Banjo Event …‘Banjo Eight’ will take place at the North light Gallery, Huddersfield on November 8th 2014. We’re still fine tuning the order of the day, but here’s the latest update on some of the brilliant artists and on stage performances.
We’re looking forward to seeing you all on the day
Steve, Rachel and the Eagle Team.
Have you booked your ticket? …please click here for availability
* Your ticket will be on the door when you arrive …Just give your name at the door.
Morning and afternoon
• 10.30 am Doors Open at the North Light Gallery
• All Day visit the Eagle Music Instrument & Musical Accessory Stand with very special discounts and prices to celebrate our Eighth consecutive year as the #1 World Deering Banjo Dealership!
• 10.30 – 11.30 Complimentary Tea and Coffee – ‘Meet the Makers’ and mill around with some of the artists that will be here with us on the day.
• 12.00 Flying in from California, USA …The World’s premier award winning banjo makers Greg, Janet and Jamie Deering – Welcome everyone to ‘Banjo 8’ Throughout the day, Greg Deering will be active in giving advice and you may be one of the players to get a personal set up on your banjo!
Greg Janet and Jamie Deering
• 12.30 Joe Mac and The Old Grey Dogs – Playing banjo, mandolin, fiddle and guitar will Kick Start the day with an on stage sing and play along
Old Grey Dogs
• 1.00 – 1.30 Andre Dal (Portugal) On stage playing his Deering Saratoga Star Banjo. Andre has a disability with his right hand …Andre will explain how he overcame his disability and now plays banjo in the top bluegrass band in Portugal
• 2.00 The Kruger Brothers – On stage ‘Performance Workshop’.
Without question, they are World’s most brilliant banjo, guitar and bass musical trio! Banjo maestro Jens Kruger, guitar and vocal master Uwe Kruger and bass virtuoso Joel Landsberg will treat us to another on stage workshop showing us how their amazing individual musical talent knits it all together.
The Kruger Brothers
• 3.00 Group Performance with The Kruger Brothers of ‘Cumberland Gap’ (in the key of ‘G’ the tune can be found on page 35 in the Janet Davis tutor book ‘You Can Teach Yourself Banjo’ ) Learn the tune and bring along your banjo or other instrument to join in the fun! (This part of the event will be filmed and posted on YouTube)
• 3.30pm ‘ The House Devils on stage’ – The UK’s top harmonica maestro Matt Walklate presents an on stage ‘Bluegrass Harmonica’ performance workshop with UK Banjo ace Jonny Hulme and fine singer guitarist Matt Fahey …You’re in for a treat.!
• 5.00pm The Kentucky Cow Tippers – On Stage Performance featuring Sam Wear on Banjo
Returning by popular demand …The stunning lads from the North are back to give us another bluegrass blast to round off the events of the afternoon …Sam Wear – Banjo, Vocals, Rupert Hughes – Guitar, Vocals, Evan Davies – Mandolin, Vocals Niles Krieger – Fiddle, Sam Quintana – Double Bass. Energetic and youthful bluegrass music at its best.
Kentucky Cow Tippers
• 6.00 pm Doors to main event Room Close
• 6.00 – 7.00 Joe Mac and The Old Grey Dogs – Jam session in the café area
• 7.00 Doors re-open for the evening event
• 7.30 The House Devils – On Stage Performance
• 8.30 Interval and Raffle Draw with fantastic prizes!
• 9.00 The Kruger Brothers in Concert
• 10.30 ish Finish
• 11.00 Doors Close
Event taking place at:-
The North Light Gallery (Located behind Eagle Music Shop)