News / Update / Workshops /Concert at the Deering Banjos 40th Celebration Event
Eagle Music presents
The ‘Deering Banjos 40th Anniversary’ UK event with special artists the Kruger Brothers and support band JigJam.
A special celebration day of workshops and on-stage performances from some of the world’s greatest musicians
Where? At The North Light Gallery, Huddersfield
When? Saturday November 7th 2015 11.00 am through to 11.00 pm
With only two months to go before this amazing day of celebration, herewith is the update for some of the delights in store for us all.
This will be our 9th consecutive year of this ever popular event here in the UK with The Deering Banjo Company. This year is very special …
Join us this year for a wonderful occasion to celebrate here in the UK, the 40th Anniversary of the Deering Banjo Company. Greg, Janet and Jamie Deering will be here with us. This 2015 celebration event will also feature the world renowned Kruger Brothers.
Our guests Greg, Janet and Jamie Deering will hold an on stage discussion about their awesome ‘40 Years of Making Banjos’.
The day will be packed with fabulous music, workshops, jam sessions and on-stage performances and demonstrations topped off with an evening concert from the world renowned ‘ Kruger Brothers’.
Ireland’s JigJam Traditional Irish / Bluegrass fusion band featuring ace musicians Jamie McKeogh – Tenor Banjo, Guitar and Vocals, Daithi Melia 5-String Banjo, Guitar, Vocals and Cathal Guinan on Double Bass and Fiddle will be here to perform for us in the afternoon and also support the Kruger Brothers in the evening concert.
JigJam on Stage – Photo Credit: Michael Quinn Photography
Joe Mcllvenny – Afternoon Jam Session Leader
One of the UK’s most respected banjo players pictured here on stage at the Tamworth Bluegrass Festival 2015 with his band ‘The Old Grey Dog’s’ will be with us all day to kick off and run the afternoon Jamming Sessions.
Pat Kelleher – Long Neck Banjo Workshop
Travelling all the way from Dripsey, County Cork, Ireland. Pat Kelleher will be with us for the celebrations. Pat will be heading a One Hour Long Neck Banjo Workshop in the afternoon. Please call us on 01484 661460 to book your place. This will be a rare chance to spend an hour and catch up with one of the Europe’s most respected Long Neck Banjo players.
Bill Forster – Intermediate to Advanced Bluegrass Banjo Workshop
We’re delighted to have Bill Forster with us on the day, Bill will need no introduction to most bluegrass festival going players …being one of the most respected UK banjo teachers, Bill will hold a One Hour Intermediate to Advance Bluegrass banjo Workshop in the afternoon. Please call us on 01484 661460 to book your place.
Nick Mann – On-stage afternoon performance ‘Fingerstyle Banjo Ukulele’.
What a treat for all it will be to listen to strings virtuoso Nick Mann playing fingerstyle tunes on the new Deering Ukulele Banjo! Nick also plays banjo and guitar to the highest standard. Nick has had a career in music teaching and performing with various classical, jazz and folk bands.
Special 40th Anniversary Deals!!!!!
Our Eagle Music stall at the event will offer you the opportunity to browse what will be as always the largest selection of Deering Banjos and accessories ever to be displayed for public viewing in the world!
We’re still working on the final arrangements for the event, the timetable that follows will be fine tuned nearer the date of the event …
Greg, Janet and Jamie Deering at the 40th Celebration event 2015 at Eagle Music Shop UK
• This will be an opportunity for you to personally meet The Deering family. Greg Deering will be available throughout the day to check out and adjust your banjo.
• Complimentary tea/coffee 10.30am – 11.30am.
• It will be a friendly event where you can meet The Kruger Brothers, great icons in the banjo and American music world: Jens Kruger – Banjo, Uwe Kruger Guitar and Joel Landsberg – Bass.
• Afternoon on stage Performance Workshop The Kruger Brothers
• On Stage Audience group Performance with The Kruger Brothers for YouTube
(This year everyone will join the Kruger Brothers on stage to play ‘Oh Susanna’)
• On-stage afternoon performances from the amazing JigJam
• On-stage afternoon performances from the exceptionally talented strings man Nick Mann on both the 5-string Calico Banjo and the recently introduced Deering Goodtime Banjo Ukulele
• Joe Mac of the ‘The Old Grey Dogs’ will be leading the picking sessions
• Pat Kelleher – Long Neck Banjo Workshop
• Bill Forster – Bluegrass Banjo Workshop
• Eagle Music Trade Stand with lots of ’40th Anniversary’ special offers
• North Light Cafe offering a wide range of food and refreshments throughout the day
• Eagle Music Raffle with great 40th Anniversary Prizes
We look forward to seeing you on the day,
With best wishes from
Steve, Rachel and the Eagle Music Team
The North Light Gallery
Ticket Details for The 40th Deering Anniversary Event 2015
Tickets can be purchased as follows
• At Eagle Music Shop, call +44 (0)1484 661460
• At www.eaglemusicshop.com Please Follow This Link
• Or send a cheque or PO to Eagle Music Shop
If you have paid for a ticket online, simply give your name at the door
on the day. Your numbered ticket will be checked on the list and you
will be given your ticket for the event.
• Daytime Only – 10.30am until 6.00pm – £22.00
• Evening Only – Doors Open 7.00pm until Close ‘The Krüger Brothers in Concert’ – £38.00 – support band JigJam
• Full Day and ‘Kruger Brothers Concert Ticket’ – 10.30am until Close – £50.00
£6.00 per place – Duration of each Workshop will be One hour
(Please Call us on 01484 661460 to book a place)
Full Timetable for the event – to be announced nearer the date