Each banjo we supply is individually set up in our on-site Banjo Specialist Workshop here at Eagle Music. Any Banjo purchased from Eagle will be fully SET UP, checked for intonation and playability and tuned ready for playing straight out of the box!
Deering Goodtime Maple Queen Specification:
The Deering Goodtime Leader ‘Maple Queen’ is an excellent natural maple open back banjo designed and set-up primarily for playing old time, frailing and clawhammer styles. It is fitted with a Deering Fiberskyn head and USA ‘No-Knot’ tailpiece to give you that gentle, full depth of tone that is favoured by Old Time artists.
Also fitted to this brilliant Old Time banjo is a set of hand-crafted Eagle-Puretone strings with phosphor bronze wound 3rd and 4th strings. It is a lightweight and easy to handle and carry for travelling if needed. The three ply violin maple rim is the same quality as found on pre-war Mastertone banjos.
All Deering Goodtime ‘Leader’ Banjos are unique and exclusive to Eagle Music UK, they are upgraded Goodtime banjos that are built by the same Craftsmen, and with the same care and tooling that is used for building the top of the line USA Deering, Vega and Tenbrooks Banjos. Teachers and professionals around the world recommend the Goodtime banjo!
Here are some of the high quality build specifications of this fine Deering banjo:
- Blonde Slender Rock Maple Neck
- Planetary, precision geared, back facing traditional banjo tuning pegs
- Geared 5th String Tuner
- Deering Fiddle Shaped Peghead
- Engraved Deering Goodtime & Eagle ‘Leader’ logo on headstock
- Black side dot neck position markers
- Exotic hardwood ‘Bow Tie’ fret inlays
- Blonde 3-ply Violin Grade Maple Rim
- No-Knot USA Old Time tailpiece
- Deering 11" Fiberskyn High Crown Banjo Head
- Set up with 10, 12, 16w, 24w, 10 Phosphor Bronze wound 3rd and 4th strings
- Steel Tension Hoop
- 5/8″ Maple/Ebony Goodtime Bridge
- 16 Flat Hooks with 9/32″ Nuts
- 16 Bracket Shoes with Screw Attachments
- Nickel plated hardware
- Deering Patented Goodtime Silent Tailpiece
- Steel Coordinator Rod for Adjustments
- Durable Satin Finish
- Openback Please Note: This banjo can be upgraded to a ‘Closed Back' resonator banjo at a later stage by fitting the resonator conversion kit that we offer as a retrofit parts kit.
This unique banjo gives you a qaulity Old Time sound with depth of tone. It is is easy to play with clarity of note separation and round full bodied tone.
g,D,G,B,D in standard G tuning
Can easily be tuned in other tunings as well.
Neck Width at the Nut 1 1/4″
Scale Length Nut to Bridge 26 1/4″
Rim Diameter 11″
Overall Instrument Length 37 1/2″
Weight Approx.4.5 lbs
Deering 6 year warranty. The trust and pride that Deering share in their products gives them the confidence to grant every owner of a Goodtime banjo a six year warranty ensuring the quality of materials and workmanship.