Terry Baucom Specifications...
- Slender Deering Neck Shape
- Bone Nut
- Slightly Wider String Spacing
- Natural Ebony Fingerboard
- 22 Glued In Nickel-Silver Frets
- Mother of Pearl Mustache inlays
- Ivoroid Bound Fingerboard with Black/ White Trim
- Adjustable Truss Rod
- Deering Smooth Planetary Banjo Tuners
- Deering Geared 5th StringTuner
- High Gloss Finish
- Deering Light Weight - 20 Hole Bell Bronze Tone Ring
- Deering Premium Violin Grade 3-ply Maple Rim
- Deering Brass Notched Tension Hoop
- 11″ Frosted Top Head, Medium Crown
- 24 Round Hooks with ¼″ Hex Nuts
- One Piece Cast Resonator Flange
- 11/16″ Deering Signature Maple/Ebony Bridge
- Deering True Tone Tailpiece
- Ivoroid Binding with Black/White Trim
- Deep Resonator for more Resonance
- Tapered on the Inside for Projection of Tone
- High Gloss Finish
The balance between the weight of the Terry Baucom tone ring and the rim's musical response produces a more resonant sound chamber. From bass notes to highs, every note is clear and balanced in volume up the entire neck. The response of this magical banjo is loud and resonant, perfect for hard driving bluegrass music.
g,D,G,B,D in standard tuning
Can easily be tuned in other tunings as well.
Includes a Deering Hardshell Case
- Neck Width at the Nut 1 1/4″
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge 26 1/4″
- Resonator diameter 13 7/8″
- Overall Instrument Length 38″
- Weight Approx. 11 lbs
Terry Baucom, the Duke of Drive, joins the Deering Banjo Company in introducing his dynamic walnut, signature, 5-string banjo available now at Eagle Music Shop. Crafted from elegant, plain walnut, trimmed in ivoroid with black and white accent stripes, bearing a regal inlay pattern designed by Greg Deering, and set up to Terry’s personal specifications, Terry says of his signature model, “Every time it goes on stage it seems to get better.”
Here is a link to Terry explaining the banjo on Youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_V9D_C9Nuoo
The neck shape has been tailored to Terry’s needs for comfort, and the fast and accurate fretting demanded by his hard-driving playing style. Set up includes an 11/16” bridge with slightly wider string spacing and a banjo head tuned to A. Terry says of the banjo’s stage presence, “It’s like its up there and you got a mission. It’s there to help you with the mission and you don’t have to fight it at all.”
The rim is made of red maple, precisely fitted with a newly designed, lighter weight Deering tone ring which is 7 oz. lighter in weight than the standard Deering ’06 tone ring. The balance of the weight of the Terry Baucom tone ring and the red maple rim’s musical response produces a more resonant sound chamber. From bass notes to highs, every note is clear and balanced in volume up the entire neck. Terry commented “It has a tone that if you didn’t see me playing it, you’d think it was an older banjo that had been played for awhile. Just think what it will sound like in 2 years!” Ushering in a new realm filled with opportunities for musical innovation, the Terry Baucom signature model is clearly a banjo to be reckoned with.
Each banjo we supply is individually set up in our on-site Banjo Specialist Workshop here at Eagle Music. Any Banjo purchased from Eagle will be fully SET UP, checked for intonation and playability and tuned ready for playing straight out of the box!